Cambridge City Councillor Dennis Carlone has scheduled a meeting of the Transportation and Public Utilities Committee on Wednesday, March 25, to receive updates and discuss next steps for a shared-use, rails-with-trail path along the city's Grand Junction corridor.
This will be a continuation of last year's meeting that brought together all of the key stakeholders, including the city's Community Development Department, the Friends of the Grand Junction Path, MIT, the Cambridge Redevelopment Authority, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, and other key advocates.
- Councillor Carlone will welcome attendees and provide a brief introduction to the project.
- City Staff will provide an overview of the project, including a walk through main segments of the Grand Junction corridor, discussion of key issues and next steps.
- Kelley Brown, MIT Senior Planner and Chair of MIT's Grand Junction Advisory Committee, will discuss the findings of MITs recent study of the path concept, Grand Junction Community Path and MIT Property Feasibility Study.
- Cambridge Redevelopment Authority, Tom Evans, Executive Director.
- Massachusetts Department of Transportation, Matt Cebobroski.
- Friends of the Grand Junction Path, John Sanzone and Rachel Burckardt.
- Public Comment -- all are welcome to speak.
- Closing remarks by city councillors
Please RSVP to receive updates on this meeting.
795 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02139
Google map and directions